Strapping also referred to as pallet wrapping, bundling or banding, is the process of applying a strap to bundle item(s) together. Strapping is used across many different industries and is commonly used when shipping large items to keep them contained while in transit. Strapping is used manually or with the aid of a strapping machine like a straping dispenser or a sealless straping tool.
Strapping comes in many different types and materials. When deciding which strapping to purchase it's important to consider things like what you will be using it for, and the weight of the load you will be strapping. If you're shipping large industrial items for example then you will need a more heavy duty type of strapping.
- Bundling items together for handling and shipment: newspapers, pipe, lumber, concrete block, etc.
- Attaching items to pallets, skids, and crates
- Reinforcing wooden boxes, crates, and corrugated boxes, such as gaylords
- Attaching items to flatcars, flatbed semi-trailers,
- Securing a unit load of bricks, packaged glass, metal parts, etc.
- Closing corrugated boxes and shipping containers
- Securing coils of steel or paper
- Holding bales of agricultural products or textiles
- Load securing items within intermodal containers, boxcars, and semi-trailers